Dow Chemical Employees Credit Union
Dow Chemical employees organized a new money-lending organization – called Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union – on July 28, 1937. The credit union was Michigan’s 182nd credit union at the time.
All Dow Chemical employees were eligible for membership upon payment of 25 cents. Once members, employees could purchase shares of the credit union at $5 a share. Savings deposits were postponed until the organization “got some of the other business details under control”, according to a 1937 Daily News article.